BUSINESS SYSTEMS ANALYST III RLD
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
Serve as the business expert for the development, maintenance, training, regulatory compliance and support of all processes related to the residential lending systems. Design, test, and implement system enhancements and provide technical production support for end-users. Coordinate with line of business for project implementation and oversee all required post-implementation tasks to ensure business line satisfaction.
Residential Lending Division
Make a meaningful difference as a member of City National's Residential Lending group. This is a great opportunity to grow your career with a stable and expanding organization while enhancing and retaining bank client relationships through competitive mortgage products and solutions with exceptional service and care.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Determine business line system needs and objectives and consults with business line regarding problems with current business applications or systems, enhancements, or new functionality.
- Prepare business and system requirements for maintenance/enhancements and present recommendations to division management.
- Gather information and write business/system requirements, build workflows, develop and code documents and supports the Residential Lending division for trouble shooting
- Conduct all user and quality assurance testing on systems and conduct maintenance testing. Develop test scripts to quality control all changes. Interact with software vendors and BATS to implement software enhancements.
- Collaborate with external departments, including but not limited to Credit Administration, BATS, Legal, and Product Management, to create and implement documents, products and services as they relate to the system application.
- Provide system application support to end-users and effectively troubleshoot system application problems. Make system configuration changes or coordinate changes with vendors or BATS to correct identified problems.
- Prepare documentation on system enhancements and communicate key system changes to the training department.
- Complies fully with all Bank Administrative, Operational and Credit policies and procedures as well as all regulatory requirements (e.g., Bank Secrecy Act, Know Your Client, Community Reinvestment Act, Fair Lending Practices, Code of Conduct, etc.).
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Minimum 5 years experience as business analyst or operations analyst specifically supporting loan origination systems.
- Minimum 5 years experience hands-on system design, testing, and production support including writing business requirements and conducting user acceptance testing.
- Minimum 5 years experience working in the financial industry required with focus on consumer and mortgage lending
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Prior mortgage experience from point of sale to servicing.
- Understanding of federal/state regulatory policies and procedures.
- Thorough knowledge software development and maintenance methodologies including quality assurance and business cycle testing.
- Ability to develop detailed, clearly written business requirements and system/process workflows.
- Experience with planning, designing, and execution of user acceptance testing.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio.
- Working knowledge of agile/scrum practices.
- Proven ability to lead projects and initiatives to achieve desired business results.
- Strong attention to detail and possess exceptional organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- College degree preferred.
- Competent to work at the highest technical level of most phases of systems analysis while considering the business implications of the application of technology to the current and future business environment.
- Possesses the knowledge, skills and creativity to go outside of the defined policies and procedures to enhance system capabilities and efficiencies.
- Deep understanding of systems development life cycle concepts required.
- Has extensive industry/business knowledge with demonstrated ability to creatively design solutions to problems.
Starting base salary: $87,027 - $138,965 per year. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location. This job is eligible for bonus and/or commissions.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled