BSA Risk AnalystStart Application Job ID LGL-8170 CityLos Angeles StateCalifornia Exempt/Non ExemptExempt ShiftDay Work ScheduleM-F, 8-5
Under the direction of the BSA Risk Manager, responsible for the periodic BSA internal controls testing function of the Bank's BSA risk assessment program. Responsible for monitoring, analyzing, and escalating issues and concerns related to BSA, AML, OFAC and the USA PATRIOT Act components of the Bank's BSA Program while utilizing sound and current compliance industry standards and practices. May assist in the development of new and/or updates policy and procedures related to BSA, AML, OFAC and the USA PATRIOT Act Bank wide. Plays a key role as a liaison with colleagues throughout the organization related to BSA, AML, OFAC and the USA PATRIOT Act. Responsible for building and maintaining relationships with internal and external customers while providing exemplary customer service. Functions as a backup to the BSA Risk Officer in specific areas as necessary.
- *Minimum 3 years of experience with BSA regulations concerning KYC, EDD, Financial crime investigations and regulatory reporting.
- *Minimum 3 years experience in a BSA specific role at a financial institution.
- *Current Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) Certification.
- Carries out compliance monitoring, internal controls risk assessments, and internal controls testing program ensuring that there are adequate processes, procedures and internal controls to promote an effective BSA control environment, under the guidance of the BSA Risk Manager.
- Prioritizes focus toward areas identified as having the highest levels of risk to the company.
- Assists in the development of new and/or updates policy and procedures related to BSA, AML, OFAC and the USA PATRIOT Act Bank wide.
- Also, partners with business units for the development of departmental policy and procedures.
- Partners with business units to remediate BSA, AML, OFAC and the USA PATRIOT Act compliance findings identified in risk assessments, internal audits and/or regulatory examinations.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Working knowledge of banking operations, government regulations, accounting principles and account reconcilement.
- Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel and Access required. Knowledge and understanding of federal regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act required.
- BSA Testing or audit experience preferred.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills required.
- Excellent verbal/written and written communication skills required to interact with all levels of Bank personnel and outside contacts.
- CAMS Certification or equivalent required. Experience with AML Monitoring Systems such as Actimize is preferred.
City National Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer -- Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.
Note: The Preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.