Auditor II - Banking OperationsJob ID RISK-11171 City Los Angeles State California Exempt/Non Exempt Exempt Shift Day Work Schedule Monday - Friday, 8-5
The Auditor will report directly to the Banking Operations Audit Manager and will be responsible for performing banking operations audits in the following areas: retail and commercial banking, leasing and lending, treasury management, wire transfers, accounts maintenance, fraud prevention and detection, BSA compliance, and risk management. The auditor will work within a team and on occasion as an individual contributor on routine audit assignments testing internal controls and ensuring compliance with bank policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements.
- Audit and Assurance and General Requirements
- Contributes to execution of audits in the annual plan, prepares narratives/flowcharts detailing internal controls of area audited, develops audit programs and formally documents audit evidence in accordance with Internal Audit guidelines.
- Holds discussions/interview with auditee to gather information, obtains explanations and supporting data/information, assesses effectiveness of internal controls, risk management practices and governance processes in order to draw conclusions to complete the audit programs.
- Keeps the Audit Lead/Director abreast of progress, issues and audit matters as they arise.
- Identifies the key risks and potential business impacts (with guidance from the Audit Lead/Audit Director)
- Understands general IT risks in order to identify the key risks and controls in the business process or activity being audited.
- Complies fully with all Bank policies and procedures as well as all regulatory requirements.
- Completes all required training, time sheets and expense reports in a timely manner.
- Participates in social, charitable or inclusive committees within Internal Audit or City National Bank.
- Ability to work in a dynamically changing environment.
- Takes responsibility to develop own personal and professional leadership skills and capabilities.
- Supports the Audit Lead/Audit Director in their proactive and ongoing monitoring and discussions with business leaders.
- Responds to stakeholder needs quickly and efficiently.
- Builds trusting relationships with Internal Audit peers and business partners.
- Uses negotiation skills to mitigate conflict during audit execution.
- Challenges others' thinking or approaches in a constructive manner.
- Keeps informed of new services, products and risk events that have a significant technology and business impact.
- Develops a general knowledge of the business operations, regulatory and accounting and control environment in which City National Bank operates, particularly in areas where audit responsibilities are assigned.
- Discovers patterns, insights, trends and anomalies from straightforward analyses, data sets and visualization tools.
- Executes basic analyses (e.g. descriptive) and creates simple visualization using standard tools.
- Develops requests for data analytics by providing detailed explanations and clears questions to the team Data Analytics Lead or Data Scientist.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum 2-year experience in performing internal control audits and risk assessments within Banking and Financial Services, public accounting and/or private industry experience with knowledge of accounting and finance required.
- Certification in at least one or more of the following is preferable:
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS)
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
Skills and Knowledge
- Understanding of risks, internal controls, work paper documentation and issue identification concepts, and experience in applying them to plan, perform, and report on the evaluation of various business processes/areas/functions.
- Ability to work independently or under the guidance and supervision of a Lead Auditor/Audit Director.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, to effectively present to peers and management.
- Ability to exhibit leadership skills needed to convey ideas and obtain management buy-in for constructive change.
- Understanding of internal auditing standards, COSO and risk assessment practices.
- Understanding of the technical aspects of accounting and financial reporting.
- Experience in performing multiple projects and working with varying team members.
*Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
City National Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled