Audit ManagerStart Application Job ID RISK-8237 CityLos Angeles StateCalifornia Exempt/Non ExemptExempt ShiftDay Work ScheduleMonday-Friday
Reports to the Head of Internal Audit and manages an audit team in the execution of the FDICIA financial control audits. This manager will lead the development of procedures, control standards, and guidelines for the audit function and coordinate the assignments of the audit staff by scheduling projects and ensuring their timely completion. This manager will work closely with the external auditors in scheduling walkthroughs of departmental controls, perform financial control testing and will ensure the timely follow-up of deficiencies and the satisfactory implementation of corrective actions.
- *Minimum 10 years of experience with a financial services organization or Big "4" public accounting firm required.
- *Minimum 5 years of management experience required.
- *Bachelor's degree required.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, or related business field preferred.
- Knowledge of the Paisley GRC system highly desirable.
- Passion for client service, strong work ethic, highest integrity and a can-do positive attitude.
- Excellent working knowledge of industry audit processes, business policies and current business and regulatory compliance developments.
- Demonstrated experience in audit-related fields, including a working knowledge of appropriate risk management techniques as well as a strong understanding of audit processes and internal controls.
- Ability to analyze risk trends at a macro level, identifying signs of changing risk levels and/or symptoms of process control breakdowns.
- Ability to initiate and implement continuous improvement of the Risk Evaluation & Monitoring process
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written.
- Ability to interact effectively with management and staff at all levels.
- Responsible and accountable for appropriate quality controls related to the financial products we provide, the services we deliver, the processes we employ, and the incentives with which we reward our colleagues.
- Ensure that all City National products, financial solutions and services are provided ethically and with integrity in a manner that is consistent with the client-first culture and values embodied in City National's PRIDE statement
*Represents basic qualifications of the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
City National Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer -- Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.
#LI-BD1Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled