ASSISTANT INVESTMENT OFFICER(FLOATER)
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
Assist Investment Officers in managing and servicing a highly diverse, high net-worth client base. This includes completing new account paperwork, answering client and colleague investment products/services related inquiries, resolving account-related issues, gathering financial information, recommending investment products and services to CNS clients, and executing trades. Cultivate and maintain on-going client relationships by introducing and cross selling other financial products and services. Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally with clients and Bank colleagues of all levels and in a variety of settings.
Wealth Management Division: City National Securities
As a member of City National Securities, the company's brokerage services group, you will be part of the exceptional team that caters to investors who prefer to actively manage their investments and make buy/sell decisions. City National Securities offers a full range of investment capabilities, and delivers personalized service to help clients manage their investments with confidence.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Provide a high level of professional client service and support. Answers inquiries, resolve problems, promote and sell products/services and enter and confirm sales and trades. Able to explain/translate complex financial concepts in a clear and organized manner.
- Provide suitable recommendations to CNS clients on approved products including fixed income, mutual funds, and managed products.
- Provide Sales and Administrative Support to Investment Officers and client requests across a broad range of brokerage activities for retirement and non-retirement accounts including establishing new accounts, processing account transfers, securities processing, restricted stock, securities settlement, cashiering, corporate reorganizations, dividends, margin, and tax inquiries.
- Provide Administrative support primarily to Investment Officers and clients with the City National Securities Registered Investment Advisory Program. Support the Financial Advisors when the Investment Relationship Officers are not available.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and relationship building skills. Frequent interaction with bank and CNS personnel as needed to service bank CNB/CNS clients.
- Prepare and obtain financial information for new and existing clients (e.g., tax status, investment objectives, investment history) as appropriate.
- Maintain appropriate knowledge of other Bank products and services, particularly those of Wealth Management. Has the ability analyze client needs, the risks and advantages/disadvantages of various client investment opportunities in light of the client's individual financial circumstances, identify cross-sell opportunities and make appropriate referrals.
- Keep Investment Officers apprised of significant client issues and potential problems.
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of current economic and market events and their impact on various investment vehicles.
- Comply with and conform to all compliance and regulatory requirements of all regulatory authorities and of City National Securities.
- Maintain a proactive commitment to established Bank programs, such as Customer First, Community Reinvestment Act (CRA), and Affirmative Action.
- Maintain proficient knowledge of all CNS systems as required to perform job requirements.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Two to five years of Customer Service or Operational experience at a Broker Dealer.
- Series 7 license
- Series 63 and Series 65 licenses or Series 66 license
Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelors degree in Business, Finance, or related area or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of SEC and FINRA rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of National Financial Systems.
- Knowledge of Equities, Mutual Funds, Fixed Income, IRA’s, and 529 Plans.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, particularly on the telephone.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact effectively with all levels of business.
- Ability to multi-task and perform with a high degree of accuracy in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with heavy workloads and high call volumes.
Starting base salary: $65,296 - $104,304 per year. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location. This job is eligible for bonus and/or commissions.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled