ANALYST - ASSET/LIABILITY
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
The Asset Liability Analyst is responsible for providing NII projections for the Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review (CCAR), Bank only capital stress test, enterprise-wide capital stress test, five-year strategic forecast, monthly reforecasts and annual budgets. Responsibilities also include development and maintaining modeling assumptions, model documentations and other governing documents, liaisons with the second and third line of defense in relationship to NII forecast in dynamic simulation. The analysis shared responsibilities with the team for Funds Transfer Pricing data quality reviews and standard QRM model.
This is a great opportunity to grow your career with a stable and expanding organization as a member of City National's Finance team. This group records, analyzes, reports and optimizes to maintain the bank’s financial health, while following principles and legislation to ensure we're doing what's right.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- With a high level of independence, produce NII forecasts in QRM model for CCAR, monthly reforecasts, annual budgets, and other dynamic modeling scenarios. Summarize the results of reforecasts, perform variance analysis, provide accurate and concise information to senior management for decision making.
- Develop, support, maintain, and document model methodologies and procedures for all QRM dynamic models.
- Liaise with 2nd and 3rd LOD for questions related to model governance for all QRM dynamic models. Supports Treasury team during regulatory reviews and ongoing regulatory monitoring for matters related to CCAR, capital stress tests, and other dynamic modeling.
- Communicate independently with other Finance teams and various teams across the Bank and RBC for capital stress tests and reforecast processes. Coordinate calendar for Treasury deliverables with other teams.
- Support monthly operational process of FTP determination.
- Support Treasury reporting related to ALCO. Serve as a back-up person for monthly Treasury reporting.
- Conduct various research and analysis as required to support Treasury operations, as related to interest rate risk and balance sheet management, budget and forecast.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum 3 years of financial analysis experience
- Minimum 2 years advanced Microsoft Excel experience
Skills and Knowledge
- Understanding of Treasury operations, Interest Rate Risk management, ALM practice, and FTP is desired.
- MBA or advanced degree in a related field preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate with all levels of bank colleagues and clients.
- Ability to organize analyzed data into simple, complete and concise presentation formats. Envision the global issue, separate symptoms from causes, research thoroughly; weigh cost/benefits and derive sound conclusions.
- Excellent project management skills including the ability to prioritize tasks and handle multiple projects at the same time while working under tight deadlines.
- Ability to resolve routine questions and problems and refers more complex issues to higher levels.
- Ability to develop/improve processes for data management and various analysis.
- Ability to follow standards and procedures to accomplish assigned tasks.
- MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access).
- Experience with financial planning and budgeting is desired.
- Experience with ALM models is desired: QRM, Bancware, IPS Sendero, etc.
- Experience with CCAR and capital stress test is desired.
- Experience with data management tools such as Alteryx and Snowflake is desired.
Starting base salary: $100,011 - $125,980 per year. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location. This job is eligible for bonus and/or commissions.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies.
Positions based in New York City:
In order to work on-site at City National Bank in New York City, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, per city requirements. Shortly after your start date, you will be required to attest to your vaccination status and will be required to provide proof of vaccination.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled