Accountant III - Fixed AssetsJob ID FIN-11749 City Los Angeles State California Exempt/Non Exempt Exempt Shift Day Work Schedule M-F, 8-5
This colleague will be responsible for maintaining and reconciling the general ledger and its subsidiary ledger accounts. Prepares monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements and reports.
- Maintains the general ledger and its subsidiary ledgers, including analyzing, preparing and posting entries.
- Assist in preparing financial statement and reports required by the company, its external auditors, the Federal Reserve, or other regulatory authorities.
- Analyze, prepare, and review general ledger journal entries.
- Responsible for various GL account reconciliations, including accrual, prepaid, suspense, and other receivables.
- Ad hoc reporting as required by regulators, examiners, and external auditors.
- Performs various accounting and control functions including reconciliation for cash from banks, investments, advances, receivables, deposits and miscellaneous assets and liabilities.
- Answer and follow up on questions from colleagues from outside the accounting department.
- Complies fully with all Bank Operational and Credit policies and procedures as well as all regulatory requirements (e.g. Bank Secrecy Act, Know Your Client, Community Reinvestment Act, Fair Lending Practices, Code of Conduct, etc.).
- Completes all required training.
- For the Accountant role that includes a fixed assets emphasis, responsibilities will include processing and managing fixed asset systems, including additions, deletions, monthly depreciation and reconciliation.
- *Bachelor's degree
- *Minimum 4 year general accounting experience
- *Completed required coursework to sit for the CPA exam
Job Skills & Knowledge
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build positive relationships within the Finance Division and Key Partners throughout the Bank.
- CPA and 4 years of public accounting experience preferred.
- Proficient in general accounting operations and procedures.
- Proficient with all aspects of Microsoft Office.
- General ledger application processing experience.
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels of staff.
*Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
City National Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer -- Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.