Accountant IIStart Application Job ID FIN-8224 CityLos Angeles StateCalifornia Exempt/Non ExemptExempt ShiftDay Work ScheduleMon-Fri, 8am-5pm
This colleague will be responsible for maintaining and reconciling the general ledger and its subsidiary ledger accounts. Prepares monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements and reports.
- Maintains the general ledger and its subsidiary ledgers, including analyzing, preparing and posting entries.
- Process and manage fixed assets system, including additions, deletions, monthly depreciation and reconciliation.
- Assist in preparing financial statement and reports required by the company, its external auditors, the Federal Reserve, the SEC or other regulatory authorities.
- Analyze, prepare, and review general ledger journal entries.
- Responsible for various GL account reconciliations, including accrual, prepaid, suspense, and other receivables.
- Ad hoc reporting as required by regulators, examiners, and external auditors.
- Performs various accounting and control functions including reconciliation for cash from banks, investments, advances, receivables, deposits and miscellaneous assets and liabilities.
- Answer and follow up on questions from colleagues from outside the accounting department.
- Complies fully with all Bank Operational and Credit policies and procedures as well as all regulatory requirements (e.g. Bank Secrecy Act, Know Your Client, Community Reinvestment Act, Fair Lending Practices, Code of Conduct, etc.).
- Completes all required training.
- Bachelors degree
- Minimum 2 years general accounting experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience using Microsoft Office
Job Skills and Knowledge:
- Under limited supervision, performs varied work assignments including conducting moderately complex accounting activities.
- Proficient in general accounting operations and procedures.
*Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.