RELATIONSHIP ASSOCIATE - PBB
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
Their primary responsibility is to work directly with clients on a daily basis in handling all areas of client service, operational tasks, and sales consultation. Expert in all aspects of providing exemplary client service and assisting clients with any branch transaction. Actively engages in completing all cashiering requests, works with clients to ensure inquiries/issues are resolved, and analyzes client needs for cross-sell opportunities. Provides accurate and timely responses to client inquiries to ensure retention of existing profitable clients. Will support internal sales activities including recognizing referral/sales opportunities and making appropriate product/service recommendations. Will be capable of opening new accounts, be conversant in most product capabilities and recommendations, and contribute to the branch in meeting sales and service objectives.
Personal and Business Banking Division
As a member of City National's Personal & Business Banking group, you will have the opportunity to make a real difference through a signature client experience. Our branch network delivers proactive advice and high-level financial solutions with a Global Relationship Management™ model that most banks extend only to larger businesses and high-net-worth families. Our tailored solutions address the financial needs of individuals, organizations and small to mid-sized businesses with an array of products and services, from simple to complex.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Acts as a champion for clients and colleagues providing exemplary service. Partners with CNB colleagues in all divisions of the bank to support client retention objectives and proactively promotes solutions appropriate to clients.
- Functions as part of a cohesive unit to service client transactions and is responsible for upholding the operational integrity of the branch as defined by management and bank policy. This colleague understands and is able to execute all functions of the daily processes, including, but not limited to, appropriate cash handling responsibilities.
- Fully functional in delivering all components related to new accounts, including account maintenance, service requests, and risk management. Responsible for appropriately profiling clients during the new account process and actively identifies cross sell opportunities of CNB products and services.
- Supports sales colleagues to build and maintain branch client relationships. Works with business partners to deliver solutions in order to maintain and grow client relationships. Recognizes and recommends cross-selling opportunities to maximize banking office profitability.
- Interacts in an effective and professional manner with all levels of Bank personnel, corporate and bank clients demonstrating commitment to quality client service.
- Ensures that decisions made are consistent with all Bank policies and procedures, as well as applicable regulations, and that the risk associated with those decisions can be effectively managed.
- Maintains collaboration with the City Loan Center (“CLC”) and sales partners.
- Complies fully with all Bank Operational and Credit policies and procedures as well as all regulatory requirements (e.g. Bank Secrecy Act, Know Your Client, Community Reinvestment Act, Fair Lending Practices, Code of Conduct, etc.).
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Minimum 1 year of customer service experience required.
- Minimum 1 year of cash handling experience required.
- Minimum 1 year of basic computer experience (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook) required.
Skills and Knowledge
- General knowledge of Bank operations, policies and procedures and regulatory compliance.
- General knowledge of Bank products and services.
- Good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Good problem solving skills.
Starting base salary: $16.66 - $25.02 per hour. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location. This job is eligible for bonus and/or commissions.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled