Credit Officer IIJob ID PBB-11668 City Irvine State California Exempt/Non Exempt Exempt Shift Day Work Schedule M-F, 8-5
Participates in the loan management process by providing credit and loan underwriting expertise to a team of Personal & Business Banking Relationship Managers. Is client facing and manages all aspects of credit relationships for clients. Provides credit product expertise in an advisory capacity and ensures all due diligence and background evaluation is complete and thorough before credit approval is granted.
Validates the credit analysis prepared by the Credit Analyst's and provides opinions and recommendations regarding proposed credit and potential risks. Ensures all due diligence and background evaluation is complete and thorough before Credit Risk Recommendation ("CRR") is submitted.
Solutions are thorough, and require analysis, interpretation, and evaluation of financial statements, cash flow analysis, third party reporting, familiarity with various industries, collateral issues and values.
- Responds to questions or inquiries from internal and external clients concerning credit policies, procedures, structuring, etc. before it is elevated, if necessary, to the Credit Manager.
- Assists in loan portfolio reviews and audits along with coordination and communication with Credit Operations Risk Manager, Credit Team Leads, Credit Managers and Division Credit Manager.
- Assists the Credit Manager in departmental reporting of past dues, portfolio reviews, etc.
- Evaluates and examines credit requests in order to assess credit worthiness including loan quality, credit risk classification, loan structure, collateral analysis, pricing and adherence to Bank policies.
- Attends client meetings at Credit Manager's request to facilitate delivery of the credit product and/or or assist in problem resolution.
- Manages the financial analysis and preparation of the CRR. This includes ensuring that the CRR contains a well-supported recommendation or decision; the risk rating is correct and supported; and the data and analytics used to support the decision are accurate and calculated correctly.
- Collaborates with team members by providing credit alternatives and creative ways to structure credits ensuring that transactions are within profitability and portfolio risk standards. Restructures loans and/or lines of credit as required. Assumes accountability for minimizing Bank losses.
- Corresponds with Special Assets department including reconciliation of criticized and classified SBA loan portfolio.
- Assists in ensuring SBA loan portfolio remains compliant with SBA Standard Operation Procedures requirements.
- Assists in early problem loan identification and the timely and accurate changes in loan grades. Monitors and takes initiative to respond to past dues based on information provided by the Relationship Manager.
- Assists with quarterly, semi-annual, and annual financial reviews of client's financial condition including monitoring covenants and conditions.
- Assists with portfolio reviews and responds to questions raised in internal and external audits and examinations.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge on all Bank lending policies and regulations. Confers with the Manager and appropriate Bank personnel regarding new/existing lending requirements and regulations.
- Acts in accordance with Bank' credit culture and strategies.
- Responsible and accountable for appropriate quality controls related to the financial products the bank provides, the services the bank delivers, the processes employed and the incentives with which colleagues are awarded.
- All City National products, financial solutions and services are to be provided ethically and with integrity in a manner that is consistent with the client-first culture and values embodied in City National's PRIDE statement.
- *Minimum 5 years' experience in underwriting small to medium sized and moderately-complex commercial credit required.
- *Minimum 5 years of experience in a banking or financial services environment required.
- *Bachelor's degree and/or Credit training is required.
Skills and Knowledge
- Experience in underwriting Personal and Business Banking commercial credit loans, which includes analyzing, interpreting, and evaluating financial statements, cash flow analysis, familiarity with various industries, collateral issues and values, loan structuring and guarantor personal financial statements and tax returns.
- Highly knowledgeable in commercial credit policies and procedures.
- Strong credit analysis and accounting skills with the ability to communicate skillfully and effectively in both verbal/written forms.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to assume responsibility and accountability for decision-making.
- Ability to work well independently and in teams and interact effectively with all levels of Bank personnel and outside contacts.
*Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.