Credit Officer I - Real EstateJob ID RE-11381 City Irvine State California Exempt/Non Exempt Exempt Shift Day Work Schedule M-F, 8-5
Participates in the loan management process by providing credit and loan underwriting expertise to a team of Relationship Managers ("RM's"). Analyzes prospective loan transactions and credit worthiness of borrowers. Pro-actively works to ensure the credit quality standards of the Bank are maintained. Prepares credit write-ups and ensures all due diligence and background evaluation is complete and thorough before credit requests and/or other approval documents are granted.
- *Bachelor's Degree
- *Minimum 3 years structured and commercial real estate loan underwriting.
- *Minimum 3 years experience in a banking or financial services environment
Skills and Knowledge
- College degree in Business Administration preferred or a related field and/or a minimum of three to five years experience in underwriting small to medium sized commercial loans of moderate scope and complexity; analyzes financial statements, cash flow analysis, familiarity with various industries, collateral issues and values, loan structuring and guarantor personal financial statements and tax returns.
- Frequent use and application of commercial credit policies and procedures.
- Excellent credit analysis and accounting skills.
- Strong ability to communicate skillfully and effectively in both verbal/written forms.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to assume responsibility and accountability for decision making.
- Ability to work well independently and in teams and interact effectively with all levels of Bank personnel and outside contacts.
- Works with the Credit Team Leader in structuring creative deals and determining alternative approaches.
*Represents the basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
City National Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer -- Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.
Note: The Preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.