WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
Manage City National Rochdale client assets. Develop investment strategies and make investment decisions, to achieve clients' investment goals.
Wealth Management Division: City National Rochdale
As a member of City National Rochdale, the company's Wealth Management group, you will provide white-glove service focused on intelligently personalized portfolio management for high-net-worth individuals, families, and institutions. For 30 years, City National Rochdale has helped clients achieve their goals, operating as a nimble, responsive, local boutique investment firm.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Relationship Management
- Act in a leadership role and as technical resource for advisors.
- Handle advisor and client communication. Work closely with PM/SPM on overall relationship and any expansion opportunities.
- Prepare client presentations.
- Communicate regularly with advisors to ensure that investment solutions and services are meeting their needs, expectations, and specifications.
- Facilitate and conduct individual meetings and presentations.
- Operate and represent City National Rochdale with the highest level of integrity and work ethic.
- Account and Portfolio Management
- Manage an assigned group of investment portfolios.
- Work closely with clients and advisors, advising them on strategies to achieve investment goals.
- Structure investment portfolios and rebalance asset allocation within client’s investment objects and risk tolerance.
- Trade implementation and strategic rebalancing for new and existing client accounts.
- Review the assets in each account periodically to ensure that investments meet the intent and strategies of the client.
- Manage cash flow, reinvestment and liquidity requirements.
- Communicate to clients about current market conditions, investment alternatives, asset allocation and portfolio results. Make adjustments to their investment strategies as needed.
- Attend client meetings.
- Recommend and collaborate with PM/SPM regarding the impact and implementation of strategic and research related changes to the overall book
- Workflow and task management including distribution and oversight of tasks to other team members.
- Consistent commitment to support the learning and development of all colleagues in conjunction with the PM/SPM. Expects each team member to perform at a high level and monitor and review deliverables and processes. Guide and mentor junior teammates.
- Business Development
- Work with advisors to acquire new business, work on bringing in additional assets from existing clients.
- Investment Strategy/Trading and Research
- Demonstrate expert knowledge of both internal and external investment solutions.
- Communicate strategic shifts and changes in the marketplace to clients, advisors, and internal colleagues.
- Analyze alternative investment and risk scenarios (e.g. relative value, overall investment return, interplay of various asset classes, and comparative return of different markets)
- Risk Management and Compliance
- Follow appropriate Regulation 9 process.
- Accurately complete various compliance related reporting in a timely manner.
- Maintain all appropriate training and continuing education requirements for both internal programs and external licenses and certifications.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Master's Degree
- A minimum of 8 years of investment management experience
- CFA - Charter Financial Analyst
- FINRA Series 7 and 66 securities
Skills and Knowledge
- CAIA Preferred
- Years in Role Before Advancement: 5 years with CNR/2 years as a PM I or, 5 years with an outside firm and 2 years as a PMII
- Inside CNR: 2-3 years as a APM with a minimum of 7 years of experience
- Outside CNR: Minimum 8 years of experience
- Connects knowledge of markets/strategies/economy to portfolio construction and maintenance
- Complete understanding of investment strategies and solutions- and how to use in al all client profiles
Starting base salary: $119,012 - $154,574 per year. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location. This job is eligible for bonus and/or commissions.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies.
Positions based in New York City: In order to work on-site at City National Bank in New York City, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, per city requirements. Shortly after your start date, you will be required to attest to your vaccination status and will be required to provide proof of vaccination.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled