DATAFACTION TECHNICAL SUPPORT ANALYST II
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
The Datafaction Tech Support Analyst position is a client facing position directly responsible for responding to client questions and requests for assistance. Such requests could include diagnosing Datafaction software issues and providing timely fixes. Successful analysts will understand how to use the Datafaction system properly, the needs of clients and how to properly align Datafaction settings and applications to meet those needs. This position extensively uses remote connectivity tools to connect to client's servers or computers to install software and diagnose software/hardware deficiencies. The Datafaction Tech Support Analyst position is also responsible for basic instruction and consultation with clients or other departments, as well as escalating to other levels or departments as directed. The Level II of this position is responsible for intermediate to advanced troubleshooting. This level will resolve complex issues escalated by Level I and will require advanced understanding of Datafaction software, specifically how to resolve hard-to-diagnose issues in an expedient manner. Issues unresolved at this level will be escalated to Level III.
Treasury Management Solutions Division
As a member of City National's Treasury Management Solutions group, you will make a difference by delivering integrated technology solutions to help clients more efficiently manage their businesses and working capital. This group drives and supports the bank's cash management products and services that won City National four of its 11 Greenwich Excellence Awards in 2018.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Respond to a variety of support requests (via phone, email, web chat, etc.) in a timely and professional manner.
- Identify, record, and escalate software issues to various parties, including Datafaction Product and Development teams.
- Advise business management firms in accounting best practices and the most efficient use of the Datafaction software, including features such as system security, online banking integration, and document storage.
- Identify training needs and recommend services to fill client knowledge gaps.
- Use remote connectivity tools to support client servers or computers using Datafaction software.
- Evaluate the health and functionality of SQL and D3 databases used by Datafaction software (Legacy & DFX), through the use of terminal emulators and other management tools.
- Interface with product and development teams on critical system issues to provide status updates for clients and other Datafaction departments.
- Provide instruction to client’s IT contacts or Datafaction users, relative to the use and operability of the Datafaction system.
- In overflow or small (under 30 minute) situations, provide ad hoc or informal training to clients, to support the use of the Datafaction system.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Minimum 7 years of experience working with desktop operating systems, including Windows desktop OS and Mac OS.
- Minimum 5 years of experience working with command-line user interfaces.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in a customer service helpdesk environment.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Accounting or Finance.
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft World Wide Publishing (IIS), and Linux OS.
- Prefer 3 years of experience with Datafaction in a troubleshooting capacity
- General knowledge of banking products and their functions
- Advanced ability to observe, document, and report ongoing client issues for resolution.
- Preferred 2 years of experience in a supervisory role
- Excellent interpersonal skills including telephone skills, verbal and written communication skills, active listening and customer care.
- Strong knowledge of Cash/Accrual accounting
- Ability to communicate with sensitive, high-profile clients regarding computer systems essential to their business operations.
- Demonstrates expert level experience troubleshooting and resolving technical issues as they arise. Finds viable solutions to unexpected situations.
- Expert level experience using remote connectivity and remote control software tools
- Strong knowledge of network printing and scanning systems
- Experience using accounting software and a solid understanding of GAAP standards.
- Ability to work autonomously and be a self-starter. Able to organize & prioritize in a multi-task environment, meet deadlines without reminder.
- Strong knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of products
- The ideal candidate would have knowledge in some or all of the following:
- Rocket Software D3 Database
- City National Bank’s products and how they interface with Datafaction
- Payroll systems to include ADP and Paychex
- 1099’s and W-2’s for tax preparation purposes
- Job Cost/Production accounting
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies.
In order to be hired and work at City National Bank, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.