Banking AdvisorJob ID EXEC-10746 City Chicago State Illinois Exempt/Non Exempt Exempt Shift Day Work Schedule M-F, 8-5
The focus of the position is on providing deep and diverse product knowledge across all banking segments and technical expertise in order to understand the needs of clients and CNB capabilities and advise them on the appropriate solutions. Possesses a proven track record of strong sales, client acquisition, and relationship management skills. Strong business acumen with extensive training about CNB, its business practices, the culture, and the client base. Contribute positive suggestions and demonstrates productive collaboration with RBC colleagues. Clients tend to have complicated lending requirements where in depth knowledge of underwriting, and the utilization of creativity and resourcefulness is required to manage their diverse banking needs
- Work collaboratively with RBC Financial Advisors to deepen client relationships through cross selling bank solutions and delivering financial services to assigned markets.
- Partner on client/prospect calling activities with RBC Financial Advisors serving as primary technical expert on banking products and services. Using consultative approach, determine client needs and match appropriate LOB, the product/services, and CNB banker for cross-sell purposes.
- Meet regularly with RBC Financial Advisors to discuss and pursue development strategies for key clients.
- Maintain a complete understanding of all banking products (credit and non-credit) with knowledge sufficient to discuss product attributes fully and confidently.
- Undertake proactive promotion of "all things" CNB (culture, strategy, capabilities, products, services, etc.) to RBC Financial Advisors to enhance their awareness in order to influence their clients.
- Work with RBC Financial Advisor and clients to explain CNB products and services, areas of expertise, proposed plans and options, advantages and risks; providing explanations; alleviating concerns; answering questions.
- Be the lead in the implementation of this joint collaboration within assigned offices. Responsible for the coordination of the RBC Financial Advisor education, management of pipelines, and the financial results.
- Ultimate responsibility for the teaming of CNB colleagues to deliver financial services across the full banking and credit spectrum and provide a superior overall client experience. Through the Financial Advisor remain alert to client needs in order to make appropriate connection to other Bank line units as they arise.
- Aid the banking team to ensure comprehensive information is received in a timely manner to prepare loan documents, etc. and deliver them to clients.
- Coordinate communication when needed amongst the team - CNB Banker, CNB Team Lead, RBC Complex Director, RBC FA, Client and others.
- Foster and maintain good relationships with RBC Financial Advisor/clients to ensure that processes are integrated to support expected client service levels. Act as business partner by managing expectations and providing guidance and advice throughout project duration.
- Proactively assess, clarify, and validate RBC Financial Advisor needs and collaborates with CNB team to develop solutions and win business.
- Stays current on changes in banking market conditions, competitive trends and opportunities providing timely communication and updates regularly.
- Maintains an awareness of marketplace products, practices, rates and changes to ensure bank capitalizes on competitive opportunities.
- Help the RBC Financial Advisor ensure a seamless on-boarding of all products jointly with the CNB Banker.
- *Bachelor's degree
- *7 years of experience in a Financial Services organization. Private
- *7 years of credit experience
- 8 years of experience in a Financial Services organization.
- 8 years of credit underwriting experience
- Strong understanding of all products and services across all banking segments
- Strong knowledge of credit policies and procedures, and bank operations policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated sales and marketing abilities.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to build relationships, communicates effectively, manage multiple priorities, and deliver high caliber results.
- Willingness to travel
- Strong business acumen
- Extensive training about CNB, its business practice, the culture, and the client base as well
*Represents the basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
City National Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer -- Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.
Note: The Preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.
#CA-IREqual Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled