Los Angeles, California; Jersey City, New Jersey
Our technology teams are transforming what it means to work in tech at a financial institution. We drive innovation for colleagues and clients. We immerse ourselves in the communities and industries that we serve. This helps us understand the needs, pain points and vision for growth so we can deliver customized scalable solutions.
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
- City National Bank is committed to supporting colleagues in reaching their full financial and professional potential.
- The organization works hard to provide its colleagues with the support they need to shape a highly regulated and fast-moving industry.
- We offer our team members the chance to take on impactful work, build their careers and cultivate relationships with peers in an inclusive and flexible workplace.
- Colleagues have access to ample wellness benefits, community and cultural initiatives and professional development opportunities.
It can be challenging for employees to find a voice in larger companies, so one of my roles is to make sure that the voices of my colleagues are heard.Will Udovich
Manager, Colleague Productivity and Experience
We are encouraged to learn new technologies and challenge each other, which motivates us to do better every time. Sometimes I am successful; sometimes I fail — but failure does not stop me from experimenting with new things.Marj Galapon
Lead Full-Stack Engineer
Banks typically work with a lot of outside vendors – but we build products from the ground up. Through acquisitions, we have expanded into the technology space, which means that we can help our clients grow and solve problems in a much bigger way.Asher Adler
Head of Product, AgilLink
Is the Functional or General Manager Model Right For Your Product Team’s Structure?
CIO Rick Hariman weighs in on how structure and centralization can be critical to success.
Surviving the Great Resignation
People aren't leaving the workforce — they're working for companies that support their growth.
Share in the company's success through profit-sharing and 401(k) matching contributions.
Build skills and your career through City National University, mentoring, 1:1 career guidance and more.
Hybrid & Remote
One size does not fit all. Our workforce is hybrid with select roles fully remote.
Paid Time to Volunteer
Colleagues are encouraged to give back and are provided the time to get involved.
Colleague Groups & Events
Colleague-led groups bring together people of common interests and nurture a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Building strong and productive working relationships is an essential part of our company culture.
As a member of City National's Technology & Innovation group, you will drive, develop, and maintain solutions for clients and colleagues. This is an exciting time of technology advancement and innovation across the bank, particularly within our technology teams.
- "Define analysis objectives, collect data from internal and external sources, and evaluate/analyze data to provide objective information on cyber risks for IT and business management with both summary and detailed reporting
- Assess risk within subject specialty area to evaluate the design and effectiveness of security controls
- Provide insight and guidance to IT software and hardware upgrades and other projects to ensure production environments meet and exceed minimum security standards and will effectively counter cyber threats
- Partner with external partners, vendors, law enforcement, and intelligence community as applicable to fulfill reporting and information sharing requirements, and collecting information required for comprehensive risk analysis and assessment
- Create new and maintain process and procedural documentation for various risk analysis and risk assessment activities; Highlight industry-based methodologies, techniques or standards (FAIR, NIST, FFIEC, etc.) used as the basis for analysis efforts
- Publish routine, accurate risk analysis and assessment reports as defined by organizational risk policies and procedures to applicable audiences for each subject area discipline
- Participate in other security support projects and duties as needed or requested"
- Bachelor's Degree business, computer science, or related field
- Minimum of 12 years experience in Information/Cyber Security field
- Minimum of 7 years experience in cyber security operations, incident response, IT risk management or investigation
- Minimum 3 years’ experience managing or coordinating resources such as people or projects
Skills and Knowledge
- Demonstrated experience analyzing complex cyber security data sets within subject area specialty
- Demonstrated knowledge of cyber security landscape -- threats, trends, technologies
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial regulation and control frameworks applicable to cyber security or IT risk
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Including a strong ability to create positive and professional business relationships with internal clients.
- Strong commitment to working as a team and providing excellent customer service.
- Exposure to banking or equivalent highly controlled technology environment is preferred
- Masters' degree in business, computer science or related field preferred
- Security certifications (CISSP, GSEC, etc.) are highly desired.
- Demonstrated experience with Industry or subject specific analysis or assessment frameworks is highly desired (FAIR, NIST CSF, etc.)
- Experience in banking/financial industry is strongly preferred
- Formalized training in cyber security analysis or assessment techniques
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
- IT Asset Lead Los Angeles, California
- Administrative Specialist Senior Los Angeles, California
- Tech Communications Lead Los Angeles, California