Cybersecurity Strategy Lead
Los Angeles, California; Jersey City, New Jersey
Our technology teams are transforming what it means to work in tech at a financial institution. We drive innovation for colleagues and clients. We immerse ourselves in the communities and industries that we serve. This helps us understand the needs, pain points and vision for growth so we can deliver customized scalable solutions.
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
- City National Bank is committed to supporting colleagues in reaching their full financial and professional potential.
- The organization works hard to provide its colleagues with the support they need to shape a highly regulated and fast-moving industry.
- We offer our team members the chance to take on impactful work, build their careers and cultivate relationships with peers in an inclusive and flexible workplace.
- Colleagues have access to ample wellness benefits, community and cultural initiatives and professional development opportunities.
It can be challenging for employees to find a voice in larger companies, so one of my roles is to make sure that the voices of my colleagues are heard.Will Udovich
Manager, Colleague Productivity and Experience
We are encouraged to learn new technologies and challenge each other, which motivates us to do better every time. Sometimes I am successful; sometimes I fail — but failure does not stop me from experimenting with new things.Marj Galapon
Lead Full-Stack Engineer
Banks typically work with a lot of outside vendors – but we build products from the ground up. Through acquisitions, we have expanded into the technology space, which means that we can help our clients grow and solve problems in a much bigger way.Asher Adler
Head of Product, AgilLink
Is the Functional or General Manager Model Right For Your Product Team’s Structure?
CIO Rick Hariman weighs in on how structure and centralization can be critical to success.
Surviving the Great Resignation
People aren't leaving the workforce — they're working for companies that support their growth.
Share in the company's success through profit-sharing and 401(k) matching contributions.
Build skills and your career through City National University, mentoring, 1:1 career guidance and more.
Hybrid & Remote
One size does not fit all. Our workforce is hybrid with select roles fully remote.
Paid Time to Volunteer
Colleagues are encouraged to give back and are provided the time to get involved.
Colleague Groups & Events
Colleague-led groups bring together people of common interests and nurture a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Building strong and productive working relationships is an essential part of our company culture.
As a member of City National's Technology & Innovation group, you will drive, develop, and maintain solutions for clients and colleagues. This is an exciting time of technology advancement and innovation across the bank, particularly within our technology teams.
- Support the monitoring and maintenance of the enterprise technology strategy.
- Collaborate with the CIO and senior leadership team to ensure the strategic alignment to the business and overall accuracy of tech strategy objectives.
- Engage with industry experts and consulting partners to understand and evaluate industry trends.
- Perform industry research, create strategic partnerships, attend events and create benchmarking to inform City National technology strategies and plans.
- Collaborate with senior leaders to connect strategic planning to the metrics practices for measuring, monitoring and communicating progress and achievement of technology strategies for continuous leadership engagement and evaluating courses of action for effectiveness.
- Communicate technology plans and strategies with business leaders across the bank.
- Review the IT governance structure and ensuring current status on a regular basis.
- Provide regular strategy updates to key stakeholders include T&I senior leadership, CNB executive committee and other stakeholders and ensure current status of planning and roadmap.
- Complete all required regulatory and compliance training.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of five years work experience, preferably in consulting and/or corporate strategy
- Minimum of two years experience in banking and financial services industry or fintech
Skills and Knowledge
- Must have advanced skills in Powerpoint, require agility in deliverable turnaround time.
- Experience with Visio
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Excel
- Demonstrated extensive experience with models and methods for business and technology strategic planning, including creating roadmaps, updates and concept visualization
- Demonstrated ability to take abstract strategy concepts and translate into consumable documents
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with various business units and drive outcomes
- Experience and perspective across multiple product and business lines, including scope outside of IT
- Strong ability to clearly present on technology to senior leaders and executive committee, both technical and non-technical audience
- Strong information competency, comfortable with abstraction and unstructured situations
- Understanding of IT governance and risk and bank industry regulatory standards preferred
- Understanding of fundamental IT Management
- Preferred 2+ years experience in banking and financial services industry or fintech
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
- IT Asset Lead Los Angeles, California
- Administrative Specialist Senior Los Angeles, California
- Tech Communications Lead Los Angeles, California