REGION MANAGER PB
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
Develop sales management and relationship development strategies in U/HNW and Professional Services segments to promote the revenue growth and profitability of assigned markets while maintaining credit quality. Manage a team that provides a core set of integrated financial services and advice; banking, credit, investment management (custom managed and/or brokerage), trust and estate services, wealth planning, and insurance. Develop business opportunities by being active in the community and maintaining positive relationships within the Bank. Create and maintains effective relationships with Division team, ensuring that lines of communication remain open and clients are serviced at a consistently high level.
Private Banking Division
As a member of City National's Private Banking group, you will help deliver tailored financial solutions to high- and ultra-high-net-worth families, select professional services firms and select nonprofits. Exceptional, customized service and integrated solutions and strategies, investment management, trust and wealth planning set this team apart.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Business Development
- Develop and drive business development, relationship growth and retention strategies to promote the revenue growth and profitability of the region.
- Manage on-going sales process through:
- Establishing individual sales goals and objectives
- Ensuring that relationship plans have been created and are implemented by conducting on-going meetings with Client Managers and Private Bankers
- Managing ongoing measurement, tracking, and reporting of performance metrics and contact activities and performance metrics.
- Determine the appropriate segment of City National for prospects/clients. Lead partnering to "deliver the full bank".
- Meet with prospects and clients to gain new business, get performance feedback, and provide management-level visibility.
- Active in the community personally and through Bank sponsorships.
- Colleague Management
- Hire, retain, develop, coach, and motivate colleagues.
- Develop and maintain an active talent pipeline.
- Identify staff development needs and provide appropriate opportunities personally or through leveraging internal or external resources.
- Maintain full staff and manage resources to optimize client support and region profitability.
- Stay abreast of new developments concerning policy and/or product and communicate in a timely manner to staff.
- Create trust and demonstrates integrity.
- Lead courageously.
- Has passion for success and strong work ethic.
- Support corporate vision and champion change.
- Create synergies and solutions.
- Act as a talent manager and achieve results through people.
- Communicate and influences effectively
- Can lead effectively in a matrix management environment.
- Risk Management, Credit Quality and Compliance
- Ensure client team profiles thoroughly and is current on clients’ financial information.
- Ensure that client-facing colleagues communicate in a regular, timely and proactive manner with clients and with all risk areas.
- Partner closely and effectively with the Credit/Operations, Trust, Wealth Planning and Portfolio Management teams through all established meetings/calls to mitigate risks, implement changes, and provide feedback.
- Maintain all appropriate training and continuing education requirements for internal certifications and external licenses and certifications.
- Responsible and accountable for appropriate quality controls related to the financial products the bank provides, the services the bank delivers, the processes employed and the incentives with which colleagues are awarded.
- All City National products, financial solutions and services are to be provided ethically and with integrity in a manner that is consistent with the client-first culture and values embodied in City National’s PRIDE statement.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum 10 years’ of management/leadership experience
- Minimum 10 plus years’ experience in U/HNW segment
- FINRA Series 7, 63, and 24 securities licenses required.
Skills and Knowledge
- State insurance licenses, CIMA or Cannon Certified Wealth Strategist designation preferred.
- MBA preferred
- In depth management/leadership experience
- Extensive experience in the U/HNW segment
- Broad solution knowledge
- Excellent business development and relationship management skills
- FINRA Series 7, 63, and 24 securities licenses required.
- May possess CFP and JD/LLM., State Insurance licenses, CIMA or Cannon Certified Wealth Strategist designation.
Starting base salary: $237,997 - $322,001 per year. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location. This job is eligible for bonus and/or commissions.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies.
Positions based in New York City:
In order to work on-site at City National Bank in New York City, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, per city requirements. Shortly after your start date, you will be required to attest to your vaccination status and will be required to provide proof of vaccination.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled