Credit Officer II - Entertainment Banking - Beverly Hills, CAJob ID ENT-10311 City Beverly Hills State California Exempt/Non Exempt Exempt Shift Day Work Schedule M-F, 9-6
The Entertainment Banking - Credit Officer II participates in the loan management process by providing credit and loan underwriting expertise to the cash flow lending/leveraged finance group within Specialty Banking. Analyzes prospective loan transactions and credit worthiness of borrowers. Validates the credit analysis prepared by the Credit Analysts and provides opinions and recommendations regarding proposed credit and potential risks. Ensures all due diligence and background evaluation is complete and thorough before Credit Risk Recommendation ("CRR") is submitted. Requires technical and creative solutions to structuring moderately complex deals for clients always balancing risk and profitability to the bank. Solutions are thorough, and require analysis, interpretation, and evaluation of financial statements, cash flow analysis, familiarity with various industries, collateral issues and values, loan structuring and enterprise valuation analysis. Loan size may vary from $5 million to $10 million.
- Reviews loan requests, historical financial information, cash flow projections and third party reporting (e.g., Quality of Earnings Reports, Environmental reports, cash flow projections, industry analysis, etc); evaluates and determines credit structure and terms; fully underwrites CRR consistent with Bank format, policies and procedures; determines sources and uses of funds; analyzes industry data, competitive factors, historical performance, projected results, risks, and mitigating factors. Ensures CRR contains a well supported recommendation or decision; the risk rating is correct and supported; and the data and analytics used to support the decision are accurate and calculated correctly.
- Assist Investment Officers in managing and servicing a highly diverse, high net-worth client base. This includes answering investment products/services related inquiries, resolving account-related issues, gathering financial information and executing trades. Cultivate and maintain on-going client relationships by introducing and cross selling other financial products and services.
- Attends client meetings at Relationship Manager, Team Manager, or Credit Manager's request to facilitate delivery of credit product and/or assist in problem resolution. Contacts borrowers directly, for additional information and details related to loan request or clarification of financial materials and resources.
- Provides balanced and appropriate credit guidance to Relationship Manager and Manager and collaborates in determining appropriate credit strategy.
- Provides credit alternatives and creative ways to structure credits ensuring that transactions are within profitability and portfolio risk standards. Authors credit approval memorandum.
- Provides input to the Relationship Manager and Credit Manager when loan pricing does not appear to reflect inherent risk in subject transaction. Pricing may be either too high or to low. Restructures loans and/or lines of credit as required. Assumes accountability for minimizing Bank losses.
- Performs quarterly Problem Loan reporting for Criticized / Classified credits including: financial reviews of client's financial condition including monitoring covenants and conditions. Takes a proactive approach toward development and implementation of Action Plans. Escalates potential credit issues to Relationship Manager, Team Manager, and/or Credit Manager.
- Has primary role in early problem loan identification and the timely and accurate changes in loan grades. Monitors and takes initiative to respond to past dues based in partnership with Relationship Manager.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge on all Bank lending policies and regulations. Confers with the Credit Manager and appropriate Bank personnel regarding new/existing lending requirements and regulations.
- May coordinate loan documentation including work with legal, CLC, or other outside counsel to obtain the correct, accurate documents to ensure all loan are documented to fully protect the Bank's interests in the credit relationship. Reviews collateral periodically to minimize credit exposure.
- Participate in the training and development of the Credit Analyst on the team including financial statement analysis, business writing, cash flow modeling and enterprise valuation.
Job Skills and Knowledge
- College degree in Business Administration preferred or a related field
- Ability to communicate skillfully and effectively in both verbal/written forms
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to work well independently and in teams and interact effectively with all levels of Bank personnel and outside contacts.
- *Bachelor's degree
- *Minimum 5 years of experience in underwriting medium sized cash flow loans.
- *Minimum 5 years of experience in a banking or financial services environment required.
- Wide application of credit principles and concepts.
- Strong credit analysis and accounting skills.
- High capability to run financial projections (including income statement, statement cash flows and in some circumstances balance sheet.
- High level of Excel expertise.
- Strong ability to communicate skillfully and effectively in both verbal/written forms.
- Preferred entertainment and entertainment related industries experience.
*Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.