CREDIT OFFICER I ENT
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
Participates in the loan management process by providing credit and loan underwriting expertise to a team of Entertainment Relationship Managers. Analyzes prospective loan transactions and credit worthiness of borrowers. Provides opinions and recommendations regarding proposed credit and potential risks. Ensures all due diligence and background evaluation is complete and thorough before credit approval is granted. Must be in good standing under "The Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008" (Safe Act) and must be registered/licensed with the "Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry"; or must be able to be registered under the Safe Act. Must remain in good standing under the Safe Act.
Entertainment Banking Division
Make your mark as a member of City National's Entertainment Banking group. You will help deliver sophisticated financial solutions through white-glove service to people and organizations in every facet of the entertainment business. City National has been a fixture in entertainment banking for more than 60 years, setting ourselves apart with in-depth expertise and knowledge of the industry.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Reviews loan application and financial information; evaluates and recommends credit structure and terms in concert and under the guidance of the Team Leader; fully underwrites CRR consistent with Bank format, policies and procedures; determines sources and uses of funds; analyzes industry data, competitive factors, historical performance, projected results, risks, and mitigating factors. Ensures CRR contains a well supported recommendation or decision; the risk rating is correct and supported; and the data and analytics used to support the decision are accurate and calculated correctly.
- Attends client meetings at RM’s or Team Leader’s request to facilitate delivery of credit product and/or assist in problem resolution. Contacts borrowers directly, for additional information and details related to loan request or clarification of financial materials and resources.
- Provides balanced and appropriate credit guidance to RM and Team Leader and collaborates in determining appropriate credit strategy.
- Provides credit alternatives and creative ways to structure credits ensuring that transactions are within profitability and portfolio risk standards. Authors credit approval memorandum.
- Provides input to the RM and Team Leader regarding loan pricing. Renews and possibly recommends restructure of loans and/or lines of credit as required. Assumes accountability for minimizing Bank losses.
- Performs quarterly financial reviews of client's financial condition including monitoring covenants and conditions. Takes a proactive approach toward resolution. Escalates potential credit issues to RM, Team Leader and/or Entertainment Credit Manager.
- Has a primary role in early problem loan identification and the timely and accurate changes in loan grades. Monitors and takes initiative to follow the upcoming loan maturity report to ensure timely renewals; and responds to past dues based on information provided by the RM or Team Leader.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge on all Bank lending policies and regulations. Confers with the RM, Team Leader and appropriate Bank personnel regarding new/existing lending requirements and regulations.
- May coordinate loan documentation including work with legal, CLC, other internal bank areas, or outside legal counsel to obtain the correct, accurate documents to ensure all loans are documented to fully protect the Bank’s interests in the credit relationship. Reviews collateral periodically to minimize credit exposure.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor's Degree and/or formal Credit training
- 2-4 years Minimum 3 years of experience in underwriting medium sized and moderately-complex commercial credit and consumer loans required. Req
- 2-4 years Minimum 3 years of experience in a banking or financial services environment required. Req
- Must be in good standing under “The Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008” (Safe Act) and must be registered/licensed with the “Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry”; or must be able to be registered under the Safe Act. Req
Skills and Knowledge
Starting base salary: $48.08 - $60.56 per hour. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location. This job is eligible for bonus and/or commissions.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies.
Positions based in New York City:
In order to work on-site at City National Bank in New York City, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, per city requirements. Shortly after your start date, you will be required to attest to your vaccination status and will be required to provide proof of vaccination.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled