Residential Loan Consultant IIIJob ID RLD-10622 City Atlanta State Georgia Exempt/Non Exempt Non-Exempt Shift Day Work Schedule M-F, 8-5
This position is responsible for referral-based sales of first mortgage, concurrent second loan products, and stand alone home equity line of credits, to existing and potential private banking and high net worth clients. By partnering with CNB's Relationship Managers, the position will support business development activities of the Entertainment Channel and develop sales strategies to attract, retain and expand CNB client relationships through the sale of mortgage loan products and services. Conduct client/prospect needs analysis and develop proposed solutions/sales presentations to meet their needs. Maintain current knowledge of all first mortgage and concurrent second loan products and services offered.
Functions in a senior mortgage Relationship Manager role, which in addition to servicing the mortgage needs of Private Banking clients includes the negotiating of complex lending transactions and unique pricing structures. Customers tend to have complicated lending requirements often involving custom programs or documentation. Additionally, responsible for assisting in the cross-selling of other products/services to these relationships. Primarily works with CBS, PBS and Entertainment. May act in a mentoring or supervisory capacity with junior level Residential Loan Consultants (RLCs).
- Uses proactive, consultative sales skills and strategies to identify client needs, quantify service/product benefits and present recommendations to targeted clients and prospects as assigned.
- Develops and negotiates mortgage loan sales plans in conjunction with Relationship Managers, Regional Managers, Banking Office Managers and Line Officers to support existing clients and develop new CNB relationships. Coordinates client/prospect calling activities with Relationship Managers and serves as primary technical expert for all mortgage loan products, programs and pricing.
- Fosters ongoing relationships within assigned territory by providing product/service information, attending officer meetings, conducting training sessions and supporting the business unit's effort to attract, retain and expand client relationships.
- May identify business opportunities and solicit referrals of other Bank products or services from existing clients, referral sources and other professionals in the industry.
- Negotiates transactions; prices loan products within targeted rate of return; coordinates the documentation and closing of loan transactions, ensures conformance with Bank policy and regulatory requirements. Exercises sound credit and risk judgement in recommending loans for approval.
- May coordinate the cross-selling of other product and/or services (i.e., cash management, foreign exchange, investment and trust, etc.). May interface with other Bank departments as necessary to define responsibilities and coordinate objectives for all product areas.
- Obtains and completes mortgage loan application packages, including supporting documentation required to process loan requests; reviews information to ensure that files submitted meet regulatory agency and CNB policies; forwards application packages to Residential Lending within specified times in order to meet regulatory requirements for initial disclosures and timely processing as required under Regulation B and RESPA.
- Contacts borrowers directly for additional information related to loan requests, summarizes information and exercises sound credit and risk judgment in recommending transactions for approval.
- Maintains a solid understanding of the Bank's credit products, programs policies and procedures.
- Participates in the development of marketing strategies and sales objectives that are consistent with overall company objectives. Maintains an awareness of consumer market conditions and provides current information on industry trends and competitive practices that may be used in the development and/or delivery of mortgage loan products.
- Effectively manages a pipeline of loans on a daily basis.
- Represents CNB by actively participating in outside civic and community affairs, business and industry-related organizations, and other professional activities as appropriate.
- Complies fully with all Bank Operational and Credit policies and procedures as well as all regulatory requirements (e.g., Bank Secrecy Act, Know Your Client, Community Reinvestment Act, Fair Lending Practices, Code of Conduct, etc.).
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
- *Minimum of 7 years mortgage lending experience in sales and originations.
- *Minimum of 7 years of business development/direct sales experience required
- *Minimum of 5 years of private banking experience required.
- *Must be in good standing under "The Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008" (Safe Act) and must be registered/licensed with the "Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry"; or must be able to be registered under the Safe Act
- Proven sales ability to confidently handle complex transactions and discuss products, programs and pricing, achieved by a targeted rate of return within Bank guidelines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with private banking clients.
- Proven ability to effectively manage a mortgage pipeline of loans, responding to internal and external changes affecting Residential Lending.
- Credit knowledge and experience.
- Residential operations background a plus.
- Must be highly organized, detail-oriented, with a sense of urgency and the ability to handle multiple requests and priorities.
*Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
City National Bank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.