Sr Relationship Manager - EntertainmentStart Application Job ID ENT-7444 CityAtlanta StateGeorgia Exempt/Non ExemptExempt ShiftDay Work ScheduleMonday-Friday, 8-5
Develops and manages relationships with clients in the assigned business segment and/or geographic areas. Presents a variety of product solutions to client needs. Provides responsive, quality service. Approves transactions within delegated authority. Manages overall relationship profitability and portfolio risk and is responsible for profitable growth of the portfolio assigned. This may be accomplished through active calling efforts and referrals from existing customers, providing the CNB exemplary level of service, identifying and promoting solutions to customer needs, and maintaining an active calling program.
Utilizes a high degree of creativity and independence in developing and managing a large portfolio of diverse and complex banking relationships. Acts as a consultant to clients and a resource to the Bank in developing and retaining business. Excellent product and operational knowledge. May possess excellent corporate finance knowledge depending on the diversity of the portfolio. Excellent negotiation and closing skills.
- *Bachelor's degree required.
- *Minimum 5 years of lending experience required.
- *Minimum 5 years of credit experience required.
- *Must be in good standing under "The Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008" (Safe Act) and must be registered/licensed with the "Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry"; or must be able to be registered under the Safe Act. Must remain in good standing under the Safe Act
- Good understanding of all products and services applicable to target client segment
- Good knowledge of commercial credit policies and procedures, and bank operations policies and procedures
- Demonstrated sales and marketing abilities
- Good credit analysis and accounting skills
- Capable of working well independently and in teams
- Has the ability to work autonomously in making sound business decisions and exercises appropriate level of authority commensurate with experience and responsibility
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
*Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
City National Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.