about city national bank
City National Bank offers a full complement of banking, trust and investment services through 75 offices, including 16 full-service regional centers, in Southern California, the San Francisco Bay Area, Nevada, New York City, Nashville and Atlanta. Its 3,600 colleagues deliver highly personal service and complete financial solutions to entrepreneurs, professionals, their businesses and their families.
On November 2, 2015, City National merged with Royal Bank of Canada. For more information about RBC, please see rbc.com.
- Founded by a small group of local entrepreneurs in 1954.
- Expanded to Northern California in 2000 with the purchase of The Pacific Bank, followed by the acquisition of Oakland-based Civic BanCorp in 2002.
- Opened an office in New York City in 2002 to serve clients who do business on both coasts and prospective clients in Manhattan; added a second office in 2011.
- Expanded to Nevada in 2007 with the acquisition of Business Bank Corp., followed by Sun West Bank in 2010 and Nevada Commerce Bank in 2011.
- Opened offices in Nashville and Atlanta in 2011, principally to better serve the music industry.
- Recognized by Barron's as one of America's top wealth managers 15 years in a row (2001-2015).
- Recognized for 10 consecutive years for excellence in business banking by Greenwich Associates (2005-2014).
THE CITY NATIONAL EXPERIENCE
THE "WAY UP" FOR OUR CLIENTS, COLLEAGUES AND THE COMMUNITIES WE SERVE.
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. We get to know people and their businesses so that we can create highly personalized client relationships. We combine this approach with a full range of sophisticated financial products that are excellent solutions right out of the box. Then we take things a step further by tailoring each product and service to our clients' unique needs.
Personal Attention is The way up® for a client who recently expanded his second-generation family business by 85% last year. City National has been with him and his business for 15 years.
Over the years our relationships have earned the Bank an unrivaled loyalty that has brought us stability, strength and reliability as a company. In turn, we attract, reward and retain the best talent and empower them to achieve their full potential.
Career Empowerment is The way up® for a colleague who was hired at City National 17 years ago as a teller and is now a VP.
Reading is The way up® for a young student who will be starting college next year. When she was 9 years old City National helped fill her inner city school's new library with current books. At the same time, her reading tutor, a City National colleague volunteer, encouraged a love of knowledge, excellence and achievement.
We understand that a strong and stable community makes the world a better place for people and businesses. learn more >
Our Community Development Lending program is The way up® for the community around us. Supporting the development of affordable housing is just one of the many ways City National gives back to the community.
We know that the way we operate our business has an impact on the world at large. We are continually looking to convert to sustainable operations options that reduce our energy footprint. learn more >
Our Green Ladder Council is The way up® in making sustainability a City National priority. The solar panels installed at the Bank's Riverside location save over 77,000 kilowatt-hours (kWh) a year. This is just one project that's helping turn our green goals into reality. learn more >